Saturday, March 14, 2009

Innerpartysystem @ Apple Store - 6th February 2009

Going back a bit, thought I would add some pictures and comments on the gigs i've been to since getting my new camera, and since appreciating it all that little bit extra.

I saw Innerpartysystem the night before at Islington Academy and it was full of energy. I've never seen a keyboardist move so much. I read a review of this gig, and the reviewer seemed to think it was a bit... No Man's Land. Not quite rock, not quite electro. Well, Innerpartysystem are a fusion really. You CAN get cross-overs. Just because we have genre's doesn't mean you can't bend the rules. It wasn't well lit so I didn't get many pictures, but fortunately I had the perfect opportunity the following night.


I heard they were doing a low-fi FREE event at the Apple Store in Regent Street, but having no idea of the size of the store, or how many people would show up, I went warily after work. My only hope was that having showed up the previous night about an hour early, only a dozen people, if that, were waiting. Fortunately, I got it, sat down second row and though it was a very short set, thoroughly enjoyed it.
I met the band afterwards, and as I told Jesse, it was nice to see the different sides of them, because for this, just them, and keyboard, their iPhones and some other gadget, they were mellow and chilled.




Beautiful. A huge comparison to the hard energy of the night before.

Though I do very much look forward to seeing them again at GIAN. They are the only band I'm going for. They certainly made a good impression on ME if not others.

No comments:

Post a Comment